Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Show it here, if it exists there

Dear NG:

I have a list of different numbers in column C of page 1.
I would like Excel to search that list for a certain number
and if it exists anywhere in that column, then display it in
column A of Page 2

The IF function seems to only search one row in column C of page 1
(The same row that I enter the formula in on page 2)

I need it to search the entire column for the specific number.

I hope I've supplied enough information.

Thanks for any assistance.

-Kevin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try something like this:

On a sheet named Page2:
B1: (the number to find....eg 25)

A1: =IF(COUNTIF(Page1!C:C,B1),B1,"No match")

Is that something you can work with?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2003, WinXP

"Kevin" wrote:

Dear NG:

I have a list of different numbers in column C of page 1.
I would like Excel to search that list for a certain number
and if it exists anywhere in that column, then display it in
column A of Page 2

The IF function seems to only search one row in column C of page 1
(The same row that I enter the formula in on page 2)

I need it to search the entire column for the specific number.

I hope I've supplied enough information.

Thanks for any assistance.

-Kevin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You are very welcome. Thank for the feedback.

--

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Kevin" wrote in message