Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do i paste only into visible cells in Excel?

I need to put data into a spreadsheet built and maintained by someone else
for a variety of uses. The rows I care about are not consecutive, but appear
consecutive when the file is filtered. I compile my data in another
spreadsheet and want to copy-and-paste into the first spreadsheet. To avoid
having to tediously copy each row individually, I would like to be able to
copy the entire data set from my own spreadsheet and then paste it into the
first spreadsheet in a single operation. Is there a way to paste so that the
values go only into the visible cells?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jeff,
Indeed xls will copy also hidden rows. Rather then writing difficult macro's
that detect the rowheight = 0 for every cell, why don't you sort you data on
the column that you use to filter? In that way all data that appears
consecutive in the filter actually is consecutive - which enables easy
copying.