Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Disk is full message - no it isn't!

I get "Disk is Full" error message on a spreadsheet - what should I do. This
sheet has no graphics on it just colour and is only one worksheet. Hasn't
happened before this is a first.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You are not by any chance working with a file on a floppy?
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Shevvie" wrote in message
I get "Disk is Full" error message on a spreadsheet - what should I do.
This
sheet has no graphics on it just colour and is only one worksheet. Hasn't
happened before this is a first.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It may have to do with the temp file excel creates. NEVER save directly to
any removable data, especially a floppy.
Always save your file to the HD and COPY to the floppy. Never work on a file
on a floppy or even open from a floppy. Copy to the HD and then work on it.

FileCopy "c:\yourfolder\yourfile.xls" "a:\yourfile.xls"

If this is not the case, perhaps you have a network server problem with
"quotas"

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel