Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need Help Please

I have two workbooks, each with information that looks like the following:

Column A -- RECORDS CENTER/WAREHOUSE/003/SECTION 06/CLKCA 00000/
1900CA000001 (The number 1900CA000001 is a file number and is what I need to
compare)
Column B -- 1 (This is the volume number of the file. The file number
might be the same, but the volume number would then be different)
Column C -- Doe, John

The first Column is a location and a file number. (The file number is the
only thing that I am concerned with)
The second Column is a volume number, so the file number might repeat itself
if it has more than one volume.
The third Column is a description.
The rows can vary from 10 to thirty or more, with 40 or more worksheets in a
workbook. The information is extracted from another program, thus the look
and format.
I have two separate workbooks with this information and I need to compare
the two and list in a separate workbook (Or at least a worksheet) any files
that duplicate on the two lists / workbooks. Then I need to be able to sort
the results so that they are all together. It would also be nice if the
duplicates could be highlighted so that they stand out. One list is a list
of files that are to be destroyed and the other is a list that we need to
keep.

Thanks for any help