Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copying to multiple pages and keeping columns sized correctly???

I am copying a spreadsheet on to multiple tabs of the workbook. When I do so
all the sizes of the colums and rows do not stay the same. Is there a way to
make it so that what I copy stays the same from the first page throughout the
workbook???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Lyndsie,

When you say "do not stay the same," I presume you mean the same width as they were before
pasting into them. It's adjusting the target columns width to the width of the source.
That's normal when you've copied an entire column. If you instead select vertically the
cells you want (not by clicking in the column header, which selects the entire column), then
do the copy, then it will leave your column widths alone when you paste. You can expedite
this by selecting the first cell, then press Ctrl - Shift - Down.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Note: Top-posting has been the norm here.
Some folks prefer bottom-posting.
But if you bottom-post to a reply that's
already top-posted, the thread gets messy.
When in Rome...
"Lyndsie" wrote in message
I am copying a spreadsheet on to multiple tabs of the workbook. When I do so
all the sizes of the colums and rows do not stay the same. Is there a way to
make it so that what I copy stays the same from the first page throughout the
workbook???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Once you have copied the values and formulae across, you can do Edit |
Paste Special | Formats (check) | OK and <Esc to have the same
formats as on your source sheet.

Hope this helps.

Pete