Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how can i have more than 30 arguements in a SUM

i want to add more than 30 different values together from different cells but
SUM tells me i can only have 30 is there an easy way round this thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try something like this:

=SUM(first_30_arguments) + SUM(second_30_arguments) etc

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jul 25, 5:02 pm, RobG2007
wrote:
i want to add more than 30 different values together from different cells but
SUM tells me i can only have 30 is there an easy way round this thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Or simpler:

=sum((first 30),(next 30),...)

--
Jim
"Pete_UK" wrote in message
ups.com...
| Try something like this:
|
| =SUM(first_30_arguments) + SUM(second_30_arguments) etc
|
| Hope this helps.
|
| Pete
|
| On Jul 25, 5:02 pm, RobG2007
| wrote:
| i want to add more than 30 different values together from different
cells but
| SUM tells me i can only have 30 is there an easy way round this thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

that one worked thankyou both of you for your help

"Jim Rech" wrote:

Or simpler:

=sum((first 30),(next 30),...)

--
Jim
"Pete_UK" wrote in message
ups.com...
| Try something like this:
|
| =SUM(first_30_arguments) + SUM(second_30_arguments) etc
|
| Hope this helps.
|
| Pete
|
| On Jul 25, 5:02 pm, RobG2007
| wrote:
| i want to add more than 30 different values together from different
cells but
| SUM tells me i can only have 30 is there an easy way round this thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jul 25, 9:22 am, RobG2007
wrote:
mine reads =SUM(1 arguement)-(30 arguements)+(30 arguements )
but it says i have to many , is this wrong

What you wrote here is syntactically wrong. When posting questions
like this, it is best to cut-and-paste from the worksheet and edit the
pasted version to simplify, if necessary.

The syntax closest to the above is:

=A1 - sum(B1,B2,...,B30) + sum(C1,C2,...,C30)

An alternative, following Jim's suggestion, might be:

=sum(A1, (C1,C2,...,C30)) - sum(B1,B2,...,B30)

But in this case, I don't think there is anything to be gained by it.
I suspect it is just confusing you.