Enrique Porras

Default Return Blank instead of Zero

Hi, I have the same problem with blanks and ceros in cells. I want to make
calculations from blank cells then I used =If (B2="","",B2-1), the problem is
that when I make a graphic with my new values, cero appears in the graphic.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
=IF(B1="","",B1)

"Db1712" wrote:

I have two cells linked, is there a formatting to return a blank
instead of zero when the cell its linked to is empty

--
Db1712
Db1712's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15912

Ken Wright

Try this

=IF(B1=0,"",B1)

Will return "" if B1 is blank or has a zero.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Enrique Porras" <Enrique wrote in message
Hi, I have the same problem with blanks and ceros in cells. I want to make
calculations from blank cells then I used =If (B2="","",B2-1), the problem

is
that when I make a graphic with my new values, cero appears in the

graphic.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
=IF(B1="","",B1)

"Db1712" wrote:

I have two cells linked, is there a formatting to return a blank
instead of zero when the cell its linked to is empty

--
Db1712

Db1712's Profile:

View this thread:

Enrique Porras

Yes Sir, it works, thanks

"RagDyeR" wrote:

The #N/A error message will allow your graph to *not* show zeroes.

=IF(OR(B1={"",0}),#N/A,B1)

HTH,

RD

"Enrique Porras" <Enrique wrote in message
Hi, I have the same problem with blanks and ceros in cells. I want to make
calculations from blank cells then I used =If (B2="","",B2-1), the problem
is
that when I make a graphic with my new values, cero appears in the graphic.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
=IF(B1="","",B1)

"Db1712" wrote:

I have two cells linked, is there a formatting to return a blank
instead of zero when the cell its linked to is empty

--
Db1712
Db1712's Profile:

View this thread:

Ragdyer

Appreciate the feed-back.

RD

"Enrique Porras" wrote in message
Yes Sir, it works, thanks

"RagDyeR" wrote:

The #N/A error message will allow your graph to *not* show zeroes.

=IF(OR(B1={"",0}),#N/A,B1)

HTH,

RD

"Enrique Porras" <Enrique wrote in

message
Hi, I have the same problem with blanks and ceros in cells. I want to

make
calculations from blank cells then I used =If (B2="","",B2-1), the

problem
is
that when I make a graphic with my new values, cero appears in the

graphic.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
=IF(B1="","",B1)