Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Countif for multiple columns

I am looking for a countif formula to be setup so it will check 2 columns and
do a running count of two conditions.

I want it to count if 1 column has something in it and the second column
needs to have a specific content.

Ie. Working on inventory chart that will need to have something in the
'description' field and then in the 'site' field the person will put the site
in there. I am working on a summary chart that will have it be count how many
times that there is something in the description field and Site 1 in the site
field. Then I will have another line that will be count how many times that
there is something in the description field and Site 2 in the site field

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A100<""),--(B2:B100="specific"))

will count where A2:A100 is not empty AND B2:B100 is specific

replace with the right columns and right criteria

best would be to use a cell as criteria in column 2

B1:B100=C1

and put the criteria in C1

Peo Sjoblom

"Chart_Maker_Wonderer" wrote