Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Merge Two Spreadsheets

I need to merge two spreadsheets containing product listings. The first has
the headings: U/M PRODUCT# BRAND DESCRIPTION U/M2 DEALER
A DEALER B DEALER C

The second has the headings: U/M PRODUCT# BRAND DESCRIPTION
U/M2 DEALER PRICE

Each has many of the same entries, but each has unique entries also. The
Product #'s are alphanumeric. I need to combine all the entries, check for
duplicate product #'s, and then I will manually delete the rows I don't wish
to keep.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

Ruth
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ruth,

I assume this is a one time effort, so I propose a manual approach. I would
first format the first file to match the format of the second file. This can
be easily done by repeating three times the following operations (each time
using the proper dealer A, B or C) column:
1. Copy the range to a blank sheet
2. Insert a column Dealer at the right place and fill it with the dealer
name (A, B or C)
3. Delete the two irrelevant dealer columns with prices
4. Sort by prices and remove the lines without prices

Once this is done, I would merge the four sheets in one with cut and paste,
then sort by product name and dealer name and manually delete the uneeded
rows.

Stephane

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Do the following:

1. Select range of data in the Second sheet.
2. On the Data menu, point Filiet , and then click the Advanced Filter. The
Advanced Filter dialog is displayed.
3. Under Action, click Copy to another location.
4. Click the Unique Records only Chceck box.
5. Click OK to return to the Worksheet.
6. Copy records from the Filtered data and paste in the Sheet 1.

For more information about how to use Advanced Filter, please refer to the
topic on Advanced Filter in the Microsoft Excel online help.

Challa Prabhu