Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table - Duplicate values drop-down when I refresh data

My summary data seems okay but the same text is showing up more than once in
the field drop-down. How do I stop this from happening? THanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Usually data inconsistency. There's probably extra white spaces somewhere
within supposedly matching text which are not apparent/readily visible
(especially trailing white spaces). Use TRIM() to clean up the source col(s),
then refresh the pivot.
--
Max
Singapore
"Vicky" wrote:
My summary data seems okay but the same text is showing up more than once in
the field drop-down. How do I stop this from happening? THanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

"Vicky" wrote:
Thanks, not sure that's it because sometimes they duplicate and other times
they dont. I will check it.

Let us know the results of your check

Any other thoughts?

One other possibility - some source numbers are text, some are real. Make a
decision. Convert all to either real numbers or all to text numbers.