Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default #NAME? and other results.

hi all...

I have been working with various functions in Excel. If any function fails
to retrive the result, the cell displays #NAME? or #N/A. or something
denotes Error.

But I need "0" display instead of the above error messages. When a Function
fails or not correct the funtion the cell should display "0"(zero).

Have any setting??..

please help me..

Thanks
Narendra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Name errors are not from failing to find a result, it's either bad spelling
or using add-ins or UDF functions without having installed them

N/A errors however can be fixed like

=IF(ISNA(lookup()),0,lookup())

Peo Sjoblom
"Narendra Boga" wrote in message
hi all...

I have been working with various functions in Excel. If any function
fails
to retrive the result, the cell displays #NAME? or #N/A. or something
denotes Error.

But I need "0" display instead of the above error messages. When a
Function
fails or not correct the funtion the cell should display "0"(zero).

Have any setting??..

please help me..

Thanks
Narendra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Lookup iferror function in help. An example is:-

=4/0 will return #DIV/0!

Put in as =IFERROR(4/0,0) returns 0

Regards,

OssieMac