Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default vlookup to match

hi community :)

can assist on this task ...

i created say, few columns of ascii char code and wish to use a lookup to
get the ascii code

scenario:

A B C D E
1 33 ! 72 H

2 35 # 73 I

3 37 % 74 J

4 40 ( 75 K

how can i create a vlookup() to get the char code as now my table array of
info that i want are found in different columns ?

thanks community for the help :)

--
oldLearner57
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You don't necessarily need a lookup table to do this. You can return the
character by using the CHAR function.

A1 = code number = 37

=IF(A1="","",CHAR(A1))

Result = %