-   -   Unable to open Office 2007 files using Office 2002 XP (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/150928-unable-open-office-2007-files-using-office-2002-xp.html)

GildaBB

Unable to open Office 2007 files using Office 2002 XP

When I try to open a file, I get a message that Windows cannot open the file
because it does not know which program created it. It askes me if I want to
use the web service to find the correct program or open a list of programs in
my computer and download it manually.
The file is one that ends in .xls

Peo Sjoblom

Unable to open Office 2007 files using Office 2002 XP

Go to Microsoft's site and search for converter Office 2007, then download
and install it

Peo Sjoblom

"GildaBB" wrote in message
When I try to open a file, I get a message that Windows cannot open the
file
because it does not know which program created it. It askes me if I want
use the web service to find the correct program or open a list of programs
in
my computer and download it manually.
The file is one that ends in .xls

garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Unable to open Office 2007 files using Office 2002 XP

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=923505 "How to install the
Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack so that you can use earlier versions
of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word to open and to save files from 2007
Office programs".