Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tim Tim is offline

Default How to avoid cell overlapping?

Hi,

Is there anyone knows how to avoid overlapping? Here's I want to do, I don't
like my data, if it's too long, jump over the next empty cell... I just want
to hide the rest of text. Nope, I don't want to wrap it too. I'm thinking of,
if the size of the cell is 50x12.75, let it be. No wrapping and no
overlapping... Is that possible?

Because the tendency of overlapping is, texts that jumps to a particular
empty cell will be mistaken as data of that particular column...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well ill try explain in english :-)

Select cell/range
Rightclick and select "Format cells"
Select Justifye-Tab - i think the name is -(second tab from left)
Select Fill out in Vertical-dropdown
OK

"Tim" skrev:

Hi,

Is there anyone knows how to avoid overlapping? Here's I want to do, I don't
like my data, if it's too long, jump over the next empty cell... I just want
to hide the rest of text. Nope, I don't want to wrap it too. I'm thinking of,
if the size of the cell is 50x12.75, let it be. No wrapping and no
overlapping... Is that possible?

Because the tendency of overlapping is, texts that jumps to a particular
empty cell will be mistaken as data of that particular column...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tim Tim is offline

Hi excelent,

I can't find 'Fill' in Vertical dropdown... :-(

Thanks.

"Tim" skrev:

Hi,

Is there anyone knows how to avoid overlapping? Here's I want to do, I don't
like my data, if it's too long, jump over the next empty cell... I just want
to hide the rest of text. Nope, I don't want to wrap it too. I'm thinking of,
if the size of the cell is 50x12.75, let it be. No wrapping and no
overlapping... Is that possible?

Because the tendency of overlapping is, texts that jumps to a particular
empty cell will be mistaken as data of that particular column...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Wrap Text will do the job and leave the cell the same size as long as you don't
set the row to "Autofit".

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 08:22:05 -0700, Tim wrote:

Hi,

Is there anyone knows how to avoid overlapping? Here's I want to do, I don't
like my data, if it's too long, jump over the next empty cell... I just want
to hide the rest of text. Nope, I don't want to wrap it too. I'm thinking of,
if the size of the cell is 50x12.75, let it be. No wrapping and no
overlapping... Is that possible?

Because the tendency of overlapping is, texts that jumps to a particular
empty cell will be mistaken as data of that particular column...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tim Tim is offline

Hi,

The problem is i can't disable the autofit anymore... Anyway thanks, I have
now the idea..

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Wrap Text will do the job and leave the cell the same size as long as you don't
set the row to "Autofit".

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 08:22:05 -0700, Tim wrote:

Hi,

Is there anyone knows how to avoid overlapping? Here's I want to do, I don't
like my data, if it's too long, jump over the next empty cell... I just want
to hide the rest of text. Nope, I don't want to wrap it too. I'm thinking of,
if the size of the cell is 50x12.75, let it be. No wrapping and no
overlapping... Is that possible?

Because the tendency of overlapping is, texts that jumps to a particular
empty cell will be mistaken as data of that particular column...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, the Horizontal "Fill" works fine.

Just curious. Why can't you disable autofit?

Just manually re-size the row and autofit is disabled.

Gord