Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table Error

While trying to add a calculated item to a pivot table I get the
following error

"The item cannot be added or modified. There may not be enough memory,
the maximum number of items allowed in a field may have been reached,
or if a Visual Basic macro is performing the operation, the macro may
be incorrect

Simply the Pivot Table or check the macro for errors, and then try the
operation again."

I am doing this manual so the macro issue is not the problem. It must
be the memory issue, but how do I know how much memory is being used.
The workbook has about 7 pivot tables in it and it's a smaller version
of the same file and therefore is using less memory (which is the
point of recreating the old file). How do I find out if it's the
memory issue. Also my pivots all pull off the same data.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The number of items allowed depends on the version of Excel that you're
using. There's information on the pivot table limits he

Limits of PivotTables in Excel (Excel 97 - 2000)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=211517

Description of the limits of PivotTable reports in Excel (2002-2003)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=820742

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures