Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Count the number of times a cell in a column is shaded green

I didn't see any mention of this in my search so maybe it can't be done. I
have a color coded spreadsheet and want to count the number of instances for
each color. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Jack
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try Chip Pearson's site. This page has examples of how to count colors.
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

"Jack_Feeman" wrote:

I didn't see any mention of this in my search so maybe it can't be done. I
have a color coded spreadsheet and want to count the number of instances for
each color. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Jack

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In 2003 you can specify the Format color to look for under
EditFindOptionsFormatFormat.

You could try this alternate method which doesn't use VBA.

Select the color from the Patterns dialog and Find All.

In the found dialog box the first cell will be highlighted. Hold SHIFT key and
scroll down to bottom of dialog box and select last cell.

The selected cells can then be counted by right-click on Status Bar and "Count".

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP