Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Configuring the number of rows printed per page

We have a number of PC's with Excel 2003, all configured to use the same
printer. For a certain Excel file, one of the PCs will print 38 rows per
page and all other PCs print 37. This can be changed with the page break
preview, but we are interested to know which configurations on the "38 line"
PC (within or Excel or otherwise) would cause Excel to set the page breaks
differently than the others for this particular file. Feedback appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

in page setup are all numbers the same for the problem PC compared to the
other PCs the default margins may be different

"BK-DWS-NJ" wrote:

We have a number of PC's with Excel 2003, all configured to use the same
printer. For a certain Excel file, one of the PCs will print 38 rows per
page and all other PCs print 37. This can be changed with the page break
preview, but we are interested to know which configurations on the "38 line"
PC (within or Excel or otherwise) would cause Excel to set the page breaks
differently than the others for this particular file. Feedback appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:20:05 -0700 from bj
:

"BK-DWS-NJ" wrote:
We have a number of PC's with Excel 2003, all configured to use
the same printer. For a certain Excel file, one of the PCs will
print 38 rows per page and all other PCs print 37. This can be
changed with the page break preview, but we are interested to
know which configurations on the "38 line" PC (within or Excel or
otherwise) would cause Excel to set the page breaks differently
than the others for this particular file.

in page setup are all numbers the same for the problem PC compared
to the other PCs the default margins may be different

Definitely check that.

Also check that the two PCs have the same versions of all fonts used
in the workbook (including for headers and footers). I once had a
workbook that printed differently on my home PC and the office PC. It
turned but they had different versions of a particular font, and 12
point in one was slightly bigger than 12 point in the other. (It's
been more than a year, so I'm hazy on the details.)

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

good point, I also had a similar problem in the font loaded on the printers
were different, even though they were supposed to be the same.