Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to change the Column Reference when working with multiply work

To Whom it may Concern:

I have a workbook made up of several worksheets. I have to sum the totals of
all the work sheets to one. I also need to keep the row reference the same
but need the column to move up by one.

Here is my formula:
=SUMSmith1!N$2,Smith2!N$2,Smith3!N$2,Smith4!N$2,Sm ith5!N$2,Smith6!N$2)

I need to move it to N, O, P, ...etc:
Exmple: =SUMSmith1!O$2,Smith2!O$2,Smith3!O$2,Smith4!O$2,Sm ith5!O$2,Smith6!O$2)

Thank you!!!

--
Thanks,
Andy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I like to make a "sandwich" out of my worksheets.

I'd insert two worksheets--one to the far left called "Start" and one to the far
right named "End".

Then I could use a formula like:

=sum('start:end'!N2)
to add up all the worksheets that are between those two "pieces of bread".

It may adjusting the formula lots easier--but still necessary.

And if you don't want Smith5 included, drag that worksheet outside the sandwich.

Andy wrote:

To Whom it may Concern:

I have a workbook made up of several worksheets. I have to sum the totals of
all the work sheets to one. I also need to keep the row reference the same
but need the column to move up by one.

Here is my formula:
=SUMSmith1!N$2,Smith2!N$2,Smith3!N$2,Smith4!N$2,Sm ith5!N$2,Smith6!N$2)

I need to move it to N, O, P, ...etc:
Exmple: =SUMSmith1!O$2,Smith2!O$2,Smith3!O$2,Smith4!O$2,Sm ith5!O$2,Smith6!O$2)

Thank you!!!

--
Thanks,
Andy