Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default match function

Hello Every body
I require the match result in MATCH FUNCTION as "matched" (if
the two things matched) or "not matched" ( if it is not so). Please help me
in this regard.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(1,(A2=L1:L10)*(B2=M1:M10),0))," Matched","Not matched")

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.
Excel will automatically enclose the formula in braces (curly brackets), do
not try to do this manually.
When editing the formula, it must again be array-entered.

--
HTH

Bob

"deepak bsg" wrote in message
Hello Every body
I require the match result in MATCH FUNCTION as "matched" (if
the two things matched) or "not matched" ( if it is not so). Please help
me
in this regard.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's very far from clear what you want bur here's a guess,

=IF(A1=B1,"Matched","Not Matched")

or

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(B1,A1:A100,0)),"Not Matched","Matched")

Mike

"deepak bsg" wrote:

Hello Every body
I require the match result in MATCH FUNCTION as "matched" (if
the two things matched) or "not matched" ( if it is not so). Please help me
in this regard.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If I enter in cell A3 -- 2
In F3:G6:
1.00 asd
2.00 sdf
3.00 dfg
4.00 fgh

Finally, into C3 -- =IF(ISNA(MATCH(A3,F3:G6,0)),"Not matched","Matched")

C3 returns Not matched;
If I change C3 to -- =IF(ISNA(MATCH(A3,F3:F6,0)),"Not matched","Matched")
C3 returns Matched;

In the first case my lookup array is 2 columns, the second 1 column. Is this
why the difference? Looks like the Match() functions performs better/cleaner
if only a single-column array is referenced versus a multicolumn reference.
Am I getting it right or what?
TIA,
Jim