Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default double-click opens book1 also

I am using Office Enterprise 2007 on an XP pro box. When I double-click on
an existing excel file I get the default book1 first and have to click twice
anywhere in it to get the file I selected to open up. This happens with
shortcuts and directly on the filename. When I close the file I am working
in, not only do I then have to close book1 but have to exit a third time to
close the application. It doesn't matter which "X" I use to exit with, the
results are the same. This opening of the default filename happened in
Office 2003 too but I cannot remember the fix.