Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default PROBLEM WHILE SUMMING OR INSERTING A FORMULA

1) I have referenced values from One work sheet to another.When I try to sum
up the referenced values I get 'zero'. Even when I try to do a calculation
with referenced value it does not work.
2) Again if in a work book I insert a formula a particular cell the result
again shows 'zero'. While the formula works in other cells.

Why am i facing these problem. My office version is licensed one. It office
2000 installed on Windows XP.

Can anybody plese help me to resolve this.

With regards
Ravi
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear Ravi,

For the start, please allow me to suggest that u can wait for someone with
2000v and will request you to send your specific workbook. Otherwise, maybe u
can consult about the *licensed one* thru right channels......is it a new
problem experience ? * may enlighten us .
--
regards,
driller

*****
- dive with Jonathan Seagull

"Ravi" wrote:

1) I have referenced values from One work sheet to another.When I try to sum
up the referenced values I get 'zero'. Even when I try to do a calculation
with referenced value it does not work.
2) Again if in a work book I insert a formula a particular cell the result
again shows 'zero'. While the formula works in other cells.

Why am i facing these problem. My office version is licensed one. It office
2000 installed on Windows XP.

Can anybody plese help me to resolve this.

With regards
Ravi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

One possibility is that the source numbers you are trying to sum are actually
text numbers, not real numbers.

Copy an empty cell, then select the source "numbers" and do a paste special
add ok. This should convert the text numbers to real numbers and SUM will

now work.

You should also ensure that the calc mode is set to Automatic. To
check/change calc mode, click Tools Options Calculation tab (Options are
there). Ensure Automatic is checked OK.
--
Max
Singapore