Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data Alignment in columns

I have an excel spreadsheet that has multiple columns. Column "A" contains a
list of 9,012 unique resource codes for a Primary Manufacturing location.
Columns "B"-"EF" contain lists of resource codes for multiple "sub" plants
these lists are all different lengths and contain various combinations of
resource codes from list "A". Is there a way to align the "sub" plants lists
to the corresponding rows column "A".

"A" "B" "C"
ABC ABC ABC
DEF DEF DEF
GHI JKL
JKL JKL MNO
MNO MNO STU
PQR
STU STU
VWX

Column "A" shows the complete list
Column "B" shows what I want it to look like
Column "C" shows what it is right now
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way:

Copy column A to a second sheet:

In B1 of second sheet:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH($A1,Sheet1!B$1:B$10000,0)),"",$A1)

Copy across to EF and down .