Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Trouble with my formula

=PRODUCT(I478,VLOOKUP(G478,$AV$365:$AW$389,2))This formula is correct the
data it reads from is correct and yet there are 5 or 6 error inputs. This is
what happens when I input numbers
8x6 167
8x8 167
10x6 22.50
10x10 N/A
12x6 29

Etc...
I have a list of 22 sizes in column AV and their prices in column AW Most of
them work and fine but the first two read the prices of the last one. And
some of the earlier ones read n/a. But then it smooths and works for the
remaining ones and I can't figure out why.
The multiple that it is being multiplied by is an if formula
=IF(N478="Aluminum",1,IF(N478="Steel",0.9))

Now I have used this formula multiple times in the worksheet and have used
the mutiple in those formulas as well some of them using upwards of 40
variables.
What would be causing this and why?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc