Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default hidden save buttons

When making a change to a worksheet and then closing, I can not see the
status that say's " save changes" Yes or No. I have to use the arrow keys for
yes and no.
This is also happening in Outlook etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe...

Try closing the workbook (so you can't see the "wanna save" dialog.

Hit alt-spacebar. This pops up a menu asking if you want to move or close this
dialog. But if the dialog is out of view, then the menu will be, too.

Hit m (for Move)
Then use the arrow keys to move the dialog. You may get lucky and find it after
a little bit. It may take longer.

If that doesn't work, maybe it's time to play with windows display settings.

Keep track of what you have (what you like) and change it to a smaller pixel
size. Try going from 1028x768 to something like 1280x1024 (or higher).

Then maybe that dialog will be in view.

And change it back when you're done.

tom m wrote:

When making a change to a worksheet and then closing, I can not see the
status that say's " save changes" Yes or No. I have to use the arrow keys for
yes and no.
This is also happening in Outlook etc.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave,
Thanks, that was it, the screen resolution. I need to run 800x600 for a db
software program that I use (designers didn't consider old eyes) and the
button was hidden.