Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default trim

I have this number 06CA070014

I want to trim off 06CA07 and leave 0014. Also how do I format the cell to
make sure the 00 are there. I have to have it read 0014 and so on.
Thanks
Cheyenne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You'll need to let us know if the rules are more complex than just pulling
the last 4 characters from the cell....

A1: 06CA070014

B1: =LEFT(A1,4)
returns 0014

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Chey" wrote:

I have this number 06CA070014

I want to trim off 06CA07 and leave 0014. Also how do I format the cell to
make sure the 00 are there. I have to have it read 0014 and so on.
Thanks
Cheyenne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't know if my first post got through....I tried to stop it....

If all you need is the last 4 characters.....

A1: 06CA070014
B1: =RIGHT(A1,4)

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Chey" wrote:

I have this number 06CA070014

I want to trim off 06CA07 and leave 0014. Also how do I format the cell to
make sure the 00 are there. I have to have it read 0014 and so on.
Thanks
Cheyenne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That's the truth...There are times I have to fight the impulse to dive out
the window and put a kink in the wire to stop the submission!

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Chey" wrote:

I have this number 06CA070014

I want to trim off 06CA07 and leave 0014. Also how do I format the cell to
make sure the 00 are there. I have to have it read 0014 and so on.
Thanks
Cheyenne

Trim and Mid with VBA Jeff Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 April 19th 06 05:24 PM
Trim stapleton2308 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 February 15th 06 06:09 PM
Trim help please Dave New Users to Excel 8 September 1st 05 07:18 PM
trim geza Excel Worksheet Functions 2 June 8th 05 07:03 PM
Trim Again ferdy New Users to Excel 5 May 12th 05 02:50 PM