Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do i put a limit on an entry in a cell?

Hi, I am trying to organise a timesheet and there is one thing that I can't
get past. How do I put a limit on a number entered into a cell? My example
is, I want the "hours carried forward" cell to stop at 20. I would like this
to just apply to one cell but on all worksheets. For instance, if I have 21
hours flexi accumulated in week one and I want the flexi carried over to week
two (separate worksheet), instead of it showing 21 I would like it to remain
at 20. However, I still want the cells to allow numbers lower than 20. Can
anyone help me out please? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The MIN function will return the lesser of two numbers. E.g.,

=MIN(A10,20)

will return A10 if it is less than or equal to 20 and will return 20 if A10
is greater than 20.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson