Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default stock plots

I am trying to do box and whisker types of plots. The only way to do this,
as I can see, is to use what Excel calls "stock plots".

1. Is there another way to get box and whisker plots from Excel?
2. When I have the plots in one file and the source data in another, and the
source data file is not open, the plots will get messed up - x scale redrawn.
Is there any way around that?
3. Is there any way to have the up-down bars such that I can have one or
more sets of bars a different color from the rest of the bars?

TIA.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is this any use to you:

http://www.mis.coventry.ac.uk/~nhunt/boxplot.htm

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jul 13, 3:46 pm, Steven wrote:
I am trying to do box and whisker types of plots. The only way to do this,
as I can see, is to use what Excel calls "stock plots".

1. Is there another way to get box and whisker plots from Excel?
2. When I have the plots in one file and the source data in another, and the
source data file is not open, the plots will get messed up - x scale redrawn.
Is there any way around that?
3. Is there any way to have the up-down bars such that I can have one or
more sets of bars a different color from the rest of the bars?

TIA.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, Pete.

I am evidently misusing my terms... what I have done is to plot mean, mean +
2 SD, and mean - 2 SD to get a graphical representation of the data set, and
trend that over time.

On Jul 13, 3:46 pm, Steven wrote:
I am trying to do box and whisker types of plots. The only way to do this,
as I can see, is to use what Excel calls "stock plots".

1. Is there another way to get box and whisker plots from Excel?
2. When I have the plots in one file and the source data in another, and the
source data file is not open, the plots will get messed up - x scale redrawn.
Is there any way around that?
3. Is there any way to have the up-down bars such that I can have one or
more sets of bars a different color from the rest of the bars?

TIA.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, it seems to have been some use - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Jul 13, 3:46 pm, Steven wrote:
I am trying to do box and whisker types of plots. The only way to do this,
as I can see, is to use what Excel calls "stock plots".

1. Is there another way to get box and whisker plots from Excel?
2. When I have the plots in one file and the source data in another, and the
source data file is not open, the plots will get messed up - x scale redrawn.
Is there any way around that?
3. Is there any way to have the up-down bars such that I can have one or
more sets of bars a different color from the rest of the bars?

TIA.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhisker.html

- Jon