Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel adding unwanted tabs to text delimited files

Hi, I am having a problem when I open text delimited files in excel. My data
in my files are separated by tabs, the problem is that I have blank lines
with no tabs which need to remain blank, but excel automatically inserts tabs
on these lines.

This was never a problem with office 2003, xp, 97. I deal with hundreds to
thousands of these files, so having to delete the added tabs after I save the
files in excel is extremely annoying.

Is there any way to fix this?

thanks,

finn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you describe the problem a little more?

Is it that you have blank rows in the Excel worksheet and when you export
it, you're gettiing extra rows in the created text file, or is it that you
have just an empty row (perhaps filled with tabs only) in the text file that
are being imported into the Excel sheet?