Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I keep an estblished hyperlink within a workbook?

I am responsible for maintaining a log where we list and track quotes for our
customers. We had previously used one worksheet, where all quotes were
listed in numerical order. All of the information pertaining to the quote
(date in, due date, customer, contact, equipment, etc.) was listed on this
worksheet. Because the sheet has so many entries, we cant monitor the
information easily. As a fix, it was suggested that we split the log into
three categories 1) Open Request for Quotes (RFQs), 2) Open Quotes, and 3)
Closed Quotes and leaving the original worksheet as an overview page with
just the quote number. This where my problem comes in; I need to hyperlink
the quote number on the overview page to the corresponding page the quote is
on, but the quote listing will move as the quote progresses from an open RFQ
to an open Quote, to a closed quote. Is there anyway I can keep the link
from the first page regardless of what page I move the entry to?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It may be that your data is too complex for this but if all your data is
still in the same sheet with a trail of at least one column of characters,
which may be spaces), linking between the FRQ's, OQ's & CQ's you can use an
autofilter on the Quote Reference number to show the relevant entried in
all three.

--
HTH

Sandy