Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why do not all words show up in an excel cell?

When I am wrapping text in a cell and get a large amount of characters, it
stops displaying them in the workbook, though it is visible in the fx bar.

I have heard that there is a max # of characters, but I don't think I am
anywhere near the number. Also, I have confirmed that the cells are set to
general formatting, but still no luck.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jerry

You can enter 32,767 characters in a cell.

Unfortunately only about 1024 will show or print.

If you add an Alt + Enter every 100 characters you can increase this limit.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP