Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default reformatting dates

10/3/2007
Thu Oct 4, 2007
Sat Oct 6, 2007
Tue Oct 9, 2007
Thu Oct 11, 2007
Sat Oct 13, 2007
Mon Oct 15, 2007

I have a series of dates....when I try to reformat them all to m/d/
yyyy only some of them are changing from the current expanded day
month date, year

The first one here changed but the others didn't.

Any suggestions?? I'm thinking I might have to convert them all to
something and then format to what I want.

....Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would assume the dates that don't change are text.

Try this..............

DataText to ColumnsFixed widthNext

Double-click on the separation line you don't want leaving just the line between
the day and the date.

NextSelect Skip the column with days and Finish.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 06:57:07 -0700, "
wrote:

10/3/2007
Thu Oct 4, 2007
Sat Oct 6, 2007
Tue Oct 9, 2007
Thu Oct 11, 2007
Sat Oct 13, 2007
Mon Oct 15, 2007

I have a series of dates....when I try to reformat them all to m/d/
yyyy only some of them are changing from the current expanded day
month date, year

The first one here changed but the others didn't.

Any suggestions?? I'm thinking I might have to convert them all to
something and then format to what I want.

...Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Most cells came back FALSE

....Lisa

" wrote:
10/3/2007
Thu Oct 4, 2007
Sat Oct 6, 2007
Tue Oct 9, 2007
Thu Oct 11, 2007
Sat Oct 13, 2007
Mon Oct 15, 2007

I have a series of dates....when I try to reformat them all to m/d/
yyyy only some of them are changing from the current expanded day
month date, year

The first one here changed but the others didn't.

Any suggestions?? I'm thinking I might have to convert them all to
something and then format to what I want.

....Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I did this except I didn't see" Select Skip the column with days"

It didn't seem to change anything

....Lisa

Not sure what I did wrong........

wrote:
10/3/2007
Thu Oct 4, 2007
Sat Oct 6, 2007
Tue Oct 9, 2007
Thu Oct 11, 2007
Sat Oct 13, 2007
Mon Oct 15, 2007

I have a series of dates....when I try to reformat them all to m/d/
yyyy only some of them are changing from the current expanded day
month date, year

The first one here changed but the others didn't.

Any suggestions?? I'm thinking I might have to convert them all to
something and then format to what I want.

...Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

DataText to ColumnsFixed WidthNext. Double-click on the second break line to
eliminate the second break lineNext

With the days column selectedColumn Data FormatDo not Import Column(Skip)

Gord