Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rob Rob is offline

Default Conditional Formats

How can I increase the number of conditional formats which is now limited to 3?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Get Excel 2007, otherwise you need VBA code

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.....Download.html

Peo Sjoblom

"rob" wrote in message
How can I increase the number of conditional formats which is now limited
to 3?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use Excel 2007 ?
--
David Biddulph

"rob" wrote in message
How can I increase the number of conditional formats which is now limited
to 3?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are a couple of things you can try...
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/conditional6.html
or
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.....Download.html

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

How can I increase the number of conditional formats which is now limited to 3?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You will need to use VBA - sample below (courtesy of Bob Phillips).

Right-click on sheet, tab "View code" and copy / paste code below

'-----------------------------------------------------------------
'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Const WS_RANGE As String = "H1:H10" '<=== change to your requirements

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
Select Case .Value
Case 1: .Interior.ColorIndex = 3 'red
Case 2: .Interior.ColorIndex = 6 'yellow
Case 3: .Interior.ColorIndex = 5 'blue
Case 4: .Interior.ColorIndex = 10 'green
'etc.
End Select
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

"rob" wrote:

How can I increase the number of conditional formats which is now limited to 3?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Rob,

Right click the sheet tab, view code and paste this in. Change the ranges,
conditions and colours to suit

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A1000")) Is Nothing Then
Select Case Target
Case 1
icolor = 6
Case 2