Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Logical operator in Calculated Field Formula

Hi,
why wouldn't such a formula checking the value of field named "H" to sum
field named "Shop" work?

=(H<0)*Shop

can't we use logical operators in calculated field formulas?

Thanx,
Fatih

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need to name column H as H. Otherwise, use:

=(H:H<0)*Shop

- David
xl2003/WinXP

On Jul 11, 11:40 am, Fatih Can1968
wrote:
Hi,
why wouldn't such a formula checking the value of field named "H" to sum
field named "Shop" work?

=(H<0)*Shop

can't we use logical operators in calculated field formulas?

Thanx,
Fatih

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Let me be more specific:

My data base is:

Sysyem H Shop
100 2 100
200 2 100
100 2 100
200 0 100

My Pivot Table yields following results

Row Labels Sum of Field1
100 200
200 200
Grand Total 400

formula in calculated field Field1 is : = (H<0)*Shop

Where as for system 200 sum of Field1 must be 100