Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CC CC is offline

Default COMPARE TEXT

I need find a way to compare two cells this way
example
Cell A3 Content = UV2345ZC
Cell B3 Content = System closed
The result in Cell C3 should be True if Cell A3 contain "ZC" and Cell
B3 contain "Closed"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=AND(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("ZC",A3)),ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Cl osed",B3)))

If you want the searches to be case-sensitive, then replace SEARCH() by
FIND().
--
David Biddulph