Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Counting a filtered range

I am looking for a formula that counts the total number of cells in a
filtered list. In my table one of the colunms lists gender. I need a formula
so that when I filter on female, it gives me the total number of females in
the list. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry, should have been

=SUBTOTAL(2,A1:A100)

9 is the Sum not Count

--
HTH

Bob

"Jenny" wrote in message
I am looking for a formula that counts the total number of cells in a
filtered list. In my table one of the colunms lists gender. I need a
formula
so that when I filter on female, it gives me the total number of females
in
the list. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Great, thank you.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Sorry, should have been

=SUBTOTAL(2,A1:A100)

9 is the Sum not Count

--
HTH

Bob

"Jenny" wrote in message
I am looking for a formula that counts the total number of cells in a
filtered list. In my table one of the colunms lists gender. I need a
formula
so that when I filter on female, it gives me the total number of females
in
the list. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You might need to make it:

=SUBTOTAL(3,A1:A100)

3 being equivalent to COUNTA (for the word "Female").

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jul 11, 12:56 am, "Bob Phillips" wrote:
Sorry, should have been

=SUBTOTAL(2,A1:A100)

9 is the Sum not Count

--
HTH

Bob

"Jenny" wrote in message

I am looking for a formula that counts the total number of cells in a
filtered list. In my table one of the colunms lists gender. I need a
formula
so that when I filter on female, it gives me the total number of females
in
the list. Can anyone help?- Hide quoted text -