Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Compare the value of 2 cells and get Flase/true statement

Good day,

This is the situation:

Cell A1 = Fd39(07)
Cell A2 = 39
Cell A3 =TRIM(MID(A1, 3, 2))
Cell A4 = A2 = A3

As you can see from above, the result of the formula in Cell A3 is 39.
However, Cell A4 always gives me a FALSE statement.

I would need to return a TRUE statement in Cell A4, because it is comparing
two values that should be identical (39 & 39, right?). How can I extract the
"39" from the "Fd39(07)" expression and compare is succesfully to the number
39 in Cell A4?

--
Thanks
Sebastien
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In A3

=--TRIM((MID(A1,3,2)))

all text functions like MID etc will return a text value, the -- will force
it into a number

Peo Sjoblom

"Sebastien" wrote in message
Good day,

This is the situation:

Cell A1 = Fd39(07)
Cell A2 = 39
Cell A3 =TRIM(MID(A1, 3, 2))
Cell A4 = A2 = A3

As you can see from above, the result of the formula in Cell A3 is 39.
However, Cell A4 always gives me a FALSE statement.

I would need to return a TRUE statement in Cell A4, because it is
comparing
two values that should be identical (39 & 39, right?). How can I extract
the
"39" from the "Fd39(07)" expression and compare is succesfully to the
number
39 in Cell A4?

--
Thanks
Sebastien

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Cell A4 =A2=VALUE(A3)

or

Cell A4 =A2=A3+0

or

Cell A4 =A2=A3*1

--
Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

"Sebastien" wrote:

Good day,

This is the situation:

Cell A1 = Fd39(07)
Cell A2 = 39
Cell A3 =TRIM(MID(A1, 3, 2))
Cell A4 = A2 = A3

As you can see from above, the result of the formula in Cell A3 is 39.
However, Cell A4 always gives me a FALSE statement.

I would need to return a TRUE statement in Cell A4, because it is comparing
two values that should be identical (39 & 39, right?). How can I extract the
"39" from the "Fd39(07)" expression and compare is succesfully to the number
39 in Cell A4?

--
Thanks
Sebastien

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Wigi and Peo Sjoblom for the help
--
Thanks
Sebastien

"Wigi" wrote: