Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default difference in days between two date columns

I need to calculate days remaining for contracts from today's date. The only
field I have is the expiration date for the contract. How can I do this?

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Brian

With the date in B1 for example use

=B1-TODAY()

Format the cell as general

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"brian" wrote in message ...
I need to calculate days remaining for contracts from today's date. The only
field I have is the expiration date for the contract. How can I do this?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=TODAY()-A1

"brian" wrote:

I need to calculate days remaining for contracts from today's date. The only
field I have is the expiration date for the contract. How can I do this?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=A2-TODAY()

A2=Expiration Date

"brian" wrote:

I need to calculate days remaining for contracts from today's date. The only
field I have is the expiration date for the contract. How can I do this?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The cell formatting is what did me in. Thanks so much.

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=TODAY()-A1