Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Industrial Limit Switch Interface with Excel

I want to interface Excel and a limit switch. Each row in my spreadsheet
contains a specific length for material that I desire to cut. There are
hundreds of rows. How can I cause the spreadsheet to scroll to a successive
row by sensing a saw cycle limit switch?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This sounds very interesting. This group will need to know a little
more about your data in order to answer your question, though, so if
you could post a sample of your data it would be helpful.

It *sounds* like you have some type of computerized machinery that
accepts digital inputs for instructions, and you need to provide a
particular input based on the "saw cycle limit switch" setting. Is
that correct?

If yes, my bigger question is: how will you get data out of Excel into
the machinery?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave- Thanks for your response. It's this way: I have a single column, 500
rows. Each cell has a length dimension. No fancy machine, only a manual
chop saw. My guy keeps getting lost in his existing paper cut list.....I'm
trying to give him a colored, computerized cutlist. I want to make the list
scroll one row each time the saw cycles. That's all. I want the operator to
hit a palm button after each saw stroke.....and thereby cause his cutlist to
scroll one row and highlight his next length.

Oh, yeah....and I'd really like to learn how to make a "placeholding
window" such that he can easily keep track of where he is on the scrolling
list.

"Dave O" wrote:

This sounds very interesting. This group will need to know a little
more about your data in order to answer your question, though, so if
you could post a sample of your data it would be helpful.

It *sounds* like you have some type of computerized machinery that
accepts digital inputs for instructions, and you need to provide a
particular input based on the "saw cycle limit switch" setting. Is
that correct?

If yes, my bigger question is: how will you get data out of Excel into
the machinery?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That's do-able... provided you can convert that palm-switch action
into a "Enter button press" in Excel. Do you have anything like that
worked out?