Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Chart autoexpand after legend/title removed

Hi All

I have some charts that when I remove the legend and the title, the chart
auto expands to fill the chart border space.

On some charts this doesnt happen, which requires me to resize them manually
and probably inaccurately.

Could anyone answer why this happens and how I can get the charts to
autofill there chart border space?

Many Thanks!!
--
Adam
-----------
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have never adjusted the size of the plot area, Excel knows it is at
the default size. When you remove the legend and title, the default size
changes, so Excel changes the plot area size to the new default. If you have
adjusted the plot area, Excel knows it is not at the default size, so it
does not readjust it when the default size changes due to addition or
removal of other chart elements.

This utility (not well documented or completely debugged: standard caveats
apply) may help achieve uniform charts:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Zips/Al...Dimensions.zip

- Jon
-------