Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ed ed is offline

Default subtotal pages

Can't seem to find this anywhe I have a worksheet with 6 long
columns of numbers that when printed may be anywhere from 15 to 25
rows per page due to rows of different heights. I conquered the "top
3 lines printed on every page" but can't figure out this problem. If I
let excel automatically size each page how do I put a subtotal at the
bottom of each page, and grand total at the end of the last page? I
want to imbed the subtotaling formulas so when I have finished
entering numbers and print the worksheet the totals will automaticlaly
be on every page. I prefer the total at the bottom of the page, not
the bottom of each column, which may not have numbers in all the rows.

Thanks mucho.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There's nothing built into excel that will do this for you.

You could do it manually (a pain when row height changes--or rows change)--or
you could lower your requirements and let excel be excel.

ps. I've lowered my requirements lots of times. It doesn't hurt much after the
first few times <vbg.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ed ed is offline

On Jul 6, 7:18 pm, ed wrote:
Can't seem to find this anywhe I have a worksheet with 6 long
columns of numbers that when printed may be anywhere from 15 to 25
rows per page due to rows of different heights. I conquered the "top
3 lines printed on every page" but can't figure out this problem. If I
let excel automatically size each page how do I put a subtotal at the
bottom of each page, and grand total at the end of the last page? I
want to imbed the subtotaling formulas so when I have finished
entering numbers and print the worksheet the totals will automaticlaly
be on every page. I prefer the total at the bottom of the page, not
the bottom of each column, which may not have numbers in all the rows.

Thanks mucho.

Thanks Dave. I thought I was overlooking some use of SUBTOTAL.

ed