Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sum and Averages by Month

How can I set up a formula to calculate the total revenue from jobs
submitted each month and the average turnaround time from jobs
submitted each month? My data is organized below:

Columns:
A: Customer Name
B: Customer Number
C: Date Job was Submitted
D: Date Job was Returned
E: Turnaround Time
F: Associate who Completed the Job
G: Revenue from Job

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Revenue:

=SUMPRODUCT(--MONTH((C2:C1000)=6),G2:G1000)

will give revenue for jobs submitted in June (assumes only one year)

Turn around:

=SUMPRODUCT(--MONTH((C2:C1000)=6),E2:E1000)/SUMPRODUCT(--MONTH((C2:C1000)=6)

You can put the month (6) in a cell and replace by cell address.

"KevinGrogan" wrote:

How can I set up a formula to calculate the total revenue from jobs
submitted each month and the average turnaround time from jobs
submitted each month? My data is organized below:

Columns:
A: Customer Name