Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RF RF is offline

Default Multiplying non consecutive rows, than adding it.

Hello,

I need your help here. I am trying to calculate a monthly progress of
planned vs. real. My "planned" formula is ok. The problem comes for the
"real" one.

Let's say I wanted to multiply the odd rows from D2:D63 * even rows from
B2:B63, then add the results. I have tried things like
=SUMPRODUCT((IF(MOD(ROW(D2:D63),2)=1,D2:D63,0)*IF( MOD(ROW(B2:B63),2)=0,B2:B63,0))) but it won't work, it will always display 0 as a result.

Odd rows from B2:B63 will be blank, and in D2:D63 we will have the "real"
progress on odd rows and "planned" progress on even rows.

I know it shouldn't be so difficult, but I'm stuck.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

RF