Iyue

Default dependent combo box list, with indirect reference

I would like to create a dependent combo box.
I have a cell linked to anothe combo box, say C1.
I have one list in D1:D4, another list in E1:E3.
In C2, I have value "D1:D4", in C3 I have "E1:E3".

For the input range for the combox, I tried "=INDIRECT(IF(C1=1,C2,C3))",
but only got an empty list. Is this 'illegal'?

Thanks,
Iyue
Dave Peterson

Debra Dalgleish shows how to do this with Data|Validation.

Maybe you could use her technique on your comboboxes.

If no, then post back with a little more info...

Comboboxes from the Control toolbox toolbar
or Dropdowns from the Forms toolbar
(Or even Data|Validation)

And is this stuff on a worksheet or on a UserForm?

--

Dave Peterson