Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2002 Challenge

I have a rogue cell which if copied into any new or blank spreadsheet makes
it huge in size - once the cell is in a spreadsheet deleting it, chaging it
or formatting it doesn't help. Anyone want to solve this puzzle?? I can't
find any reference to a known bug in Excel.

Email me at and I'll send you a file with the cell in
it....
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

fp944s2 wrote...
I have a rogue cell which if copied into any new or blank
spreadsheet makes it huge in size - once the cell is in a
spreadsheet deleting it, chaging it or formatting it doesn't
help. Anyone want to solve this puzzle?? I can't find any
reference to a known bug in Excel.

What's in this cell? When you copy it into new workbooks, does it
bring with it several defined names?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi - it started with a date in it - as far as I know it has nothing else -
deleting contents/format etc doesn't reduce the size. Certainly no defined
names.

fp944s2 wrote...