Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RS RS is offline

Default Using CountIf with non-adjacent cells in same column

I am trying to find a count of the letter "A" in the first column. I want to
skip over ten cells (A80 - A90) and continue on counting from A91 and on. I
do not want A80 - A90 to be in the count. Is this possible to do? What
would the formula be? Any advice would be much appreciated!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RS RS is offline

Perfect! Thank you!!

"Toppers" wrote:

perhaps

=Countif(A1:A79,"A")+countif(A91:A1000,"A")

"RS" wrote:

I am trying to find a count of the letter "A" in the first column. I want to
skip over ten cells (A80 - A90) and continue on counting from A91 and on. I
do not want A80 - A90 to be in the count. Is this possible to do? What
would the formula be? Any advice would be much appreciated!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just so you know of the different ways to do this, you could also use:
=Countif(A1:A1000,"A")-countif(A80:A90,"A")

Regards,
Paul

"RS" wrote in message
Perfect! Thank you!!