Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Nested IF problem

Hopefully someone can help me with this - its doing my head in!

I have a formula which is supposed to work out the next working day a
certain number of days after an invoice date. So far so good and I use the
following:

=WORKDAY(D2+I2-1,1,'Holiday Range')

Where D2 is the invoice date and I2 is the number of days after the invoice
date.

However, I also want the Holiday Range to vary depending upon the currency
which is located in F2. The currency will be one of three - GBP, EUR or
USD.

Can anyone with a fresh brain help me with this.

TIA, Andrew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you had 3 holiday ranges then you could modify your formula as
follows:

=IF(F2="GBP",WORKDAY(D2+I2-1,1,'GBP Holiday
Range'),IF(F2="EUR",WORKDAY(D2+I2-1,1,'EUR Holiday
Range'),WORKDAY(D2+I2-1,1,'USD Holiday Range')))

All one formula - be wary of spurious line breaks if you copy directly
from the newsgroups.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jun 28, 11:47 am, "Andrew Mackenzie"
wrote:
Hopefully someone can help me with this - its doing my head in!

I have a formula which is supposed to work out the next working day a
certain number of days after an invoice date. So far so good and I use the
following:

=WORKDAY(D2+I2-1,1,'Holiday Range')

Where D2 is the invoice date and I2 is the number of days after the invoice
date.

However, I also want the Holiday Range to vary depending upon the currency
which is located in F2. The currency will be one of three - GBP, EUR or
USD.

Can anyone with a fresh brain help me with this.

TIA, Andrew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try:

=WORKDAY(D2+I2-1,1,INDIRECT(H1 &"_Holidays"))

H1 contains the currency code (GBR etc)

I created three named ranges ("GBR_Holidays", "EUR_Holidays",
"USD_Holidays)" for your holiday lists.

HTH