Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Remove leading zero in xls when converting to csv forfield contain

2 Character columen contains both character and numerics, example 4B and 02.
The 02 is converted to 2 in the CSV file regardless of whether the cell is
formatted as general, text, or custom. I also used a value of '02 to identify
it as text value and it still converted it. How do I prevent it from removing
the leading zero? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I suggest that you look in your csv file using Notepad. I think you'll find
that the leading zero is still there. You're losing it when you use Excel
to read the csv. If you don't want Excel to make assumptions on what format
you want the data on import, rename from .csv to .txt, then Excel will give
you a wizard which allows you to specify the columns as being text, which
won't lose your leading zeroes.
--
David Biddulph