Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel

I would like Excel to automaticaly open another worksheet if the value of a
particular cell has a particular value. Is this posible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this: right click on tab, "view code" and copy/ paste

'-----------------------------------------------------------------
'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Const WS_RANGE As String = "A1:A1" '<<< change to your cell

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Value = "ABC" Then '<<<< change value and file
Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\Documents and
Settings\John\Desktop\test.xls"

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

"Mike" wrote:

I would like Excel to automaticaly open another worksheet if the value of a
particular cell has a particular value. Is this posible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes it is, try this:-

Dim rng As Range
Set rng = Intersect(Target, Range("A1"))
If rng Is Nothing Then
Exit Sub
Else
If Target.Value 6 Then
Workbooks.Open ("C:\book2.xls")
Else
Exit Sub

This is worksheet code so right click the sheet tab - view code and paste in.
If A1 value is greater than 6 then the workbook opens.

Mike