Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Bottom boundaries of row headings

I am doing a excel project for my Computing and Productivity Software class.
I am setting up my Loan Payment Calculator and it tells me to position the
mouse pointer on the bottom boundary of row heading 1, then drag down until
the Screen Tip indicates Height: 21.75 (29 pixels). Can anyone tell me how to
do this. I don't even know where the bottom boundaries are or where the
Screen Tip is. I really need help.
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Say your cell is in row 6. Point with the mouse at the "6" to the left.
The cursor will take the shape of an arrow pointing right. Now lower it
toward the "7" until the cursor becomes a horizontal bar with one arrow
pointing up and another down. Now click and hold the left mouse button down
and drag the mouse downward to increase row height. A tooltip will appear
to show the height.

--
Jim
"Angela" wrote in message
|I am doing a excel project for my Computing and Productivity Software
class.
| I am setting up my Loan Payment Calculator and it tells me to position the
| mouse pointer on the bottom boundary of row heading 1, then drag down
until
| the Screen Tip indicates Height: 21.75 (29 pixels). Can anyone tell me how
| do this. I don't even know where the bottom boundaries are or where the
| Screen Tip is. I really need help.
| Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The row headings are on the left hand end of the rows, and the bottom
boundary is at the lower edge of the row. If you move your cursor all the
way across to the left over the row headings (which say 1, 2, 3, ...), and
position the cursor near the boundary between row 1 and row 2, you'll see
the cursor change to a horizontal line with an up arrow and down arrow
coming from it. With that cursor showing, hold down the mouse button and
you'll see the screen tip showing the row height. Still holding down the
mouse button, move the mouse down until it shows the values requested.
--
David Biddulph

"Angela" wrote in message
I am doing a excel project for my Computing and Productivity Software
class.
I am setting up my Loan Payment Calculator and it tells me to position the
mouse pointer on the bottom boundary of row heading 1, then drag down
until
the Screen Tip indicates Height: 21.75 (29 pixels). Can anyone tell me how
do this. I don't even know where the bottom boundaries are or where the
Screen Tip is. I really need help.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you very much for your help. It think I can get it now.
Angela