Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Button on Spreadsheet Prob

I have a spreadsheet (not userform!) with various textboxes and
buttons. The system works fine except when the user clicks a button it
appears to stay clicked giving the effect of a toggle button (and no-
they aren't toggle buttons :D ).
Although there is VBA behind the buttons there is nothing (that I can
think of) that would cause this.
I have changed various properties for the buttons but nothing seems to
resolve it.
Is it a known issue or what could be the problem?
Excel 11 on windows XP (SP2)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jun 26, 4:50 pm, lawson wrote:
This used to annoy me too...There is a 'Take focus on Click' option in the
properties. toodles!

Thanks lawson
It still happens with this property set to either true or false!
Killian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Would this be the same resolution for my issue? I have a spreadsheet with
several questions each containing 3 command button (yes, no and maybe). If
you click your answer in the first question and then move to the next and
click your answer the selection for question one is gone. how can I get it to
stay checked for each question? I tried to find the "take Focus on click"
option but I am having no luck!

Thanks!

"kbannon" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet (not userform!) with various textboxes and
buttons. The system works fine except when the user clicks a button it
appears to stay clicked giving the effect of a toggle button (and no-
they aren't toggle buttons :D ).
Although there is VBA behind the buttons there is nothing (that I can
think of) that would cause this.
I have changed various properties for the buttons but nothing seems to
resolve it.
Is it a known issue or what could be the problem?
Excel 11 on windows XP (SP2)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't think I've ever seen this.

Could it be a display problem? If you scroll down and up, does the button look
ok?

If it does, maybe you could add a couple of lines to your code.

How about if you minimize the window and then resize it (if the scrolling
doesn't work)?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Scrolling doesn't affect it at all, nor does switching to another
sheet and back again.
Its weird!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you could add a line like:

activecell.activate

at the end of the code?

Just to test.

kbannon wrote:

Scrolling doesn't affect it at all, nor does switching to another
sheet and back again.
Its weird!

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nope - activecell.activate helped but does not consistently resolve
the issue.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You and me both!
Thanks for the help Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about an irritating suggestion--still untested since I can't duplicate the
problem.

At the end of the macro:

Msgbox "Done!"

End sub

Maybe that'll be enough to help refresh the screen????

kbannon wrote:

You and me both!
Thanks for the help Dave

--